Hi! I'm Eric Shanower, the award-winning and New York Times bestselling cartoonist, author, and illustrator. My work has been widely published--from Marvel Comics to Random House, from Nickelodeon Magazine to BBC television.
My current comics project, Age of Bronze, tells the complete story of the Trojan War in all its dramatic detail. Every version from Homer's Iliad on down will be newly integrated in comics form when Age of Bronze is finished. It's also set in the correct period--the 13th century BCE. Age of Bronze has been published by Image Comics since 1998, garnering two Eisner Awards, a Gran Guinigi, and a slew of nominations. The second volume, Sacrifice, was selected as one of the Best Books of 2004 by the editors of Publishers Weekly. In addition to English, Age of Bronze is published in Spanish, French, Polish, Italian, Croatian, and Indonesian. To see sample pages and excerpts, go to my Age of Bronze website.
Click here for Current News
Anyone who likes my Eisner Award-winning Oz comics from Marvel, including the current series The Road to Oz, should check out my other Oz comics, like Little Adventures in Oz, Volume 2, published by IDW.
Current and Forthcoming Publications:
- Road to Oz #6, Marvel Comics, March 2013
- Road to Oz #5, Marvel Comics, January 2013
- Road to Oz #4, Marvel Comics, December 2012
- Age of Bronze #32, Image Comics, December 2012
- Bart Simpson #76, Bongo Comics, October 2012: art for four-page story
- Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz, Marvel Comics, September 2012: hardcover collected edition
- Dorothy of Oz Prequel Collected, IDW, 2012
- The Forgotten Forest of Oz Treasury Edition, IDW, Apr. 2012: reprints The Forgotten Forest of Oz at a larger size, plus extra sketches and more, some previously unpublished, under a brand new cover - first 100 copies ordered through Hungry Tiger Press receive a signed bookplate with a new illustration
- No Straight Lines: Four Decades of Queer Comics, Fantagraphics Books, July 2012: reprints the short comics story "Happily Ever After"
- Fables: Super Team, Book 16, DC/Vertigo Comics, Dec. 2011
- Absolute Promethea Book Three, DC/Vertgo Comics, Dec. 2011
- The Royal Historian of Oz by Tommy Kovac and Andy Hirsch, SLG, November 2011: Introduction
- Classics and Comics edited by George Kovacs and C. W. Marshall, Oxford University Press, 2011: 12 page comics story titled "21st Century Troy"
Read SEVERAL TIMES REMOVED
my blog of crazy family stories
--discussions and discursions about
the people, places, histories, and mysteries
of the Shanower and Maxine families
and all their branches.
IDW Publishing has released Little Adventures in Oz, a two-volume edition of my five Oz graphic novels in paperback.
Click here for a Newsarama review.
Click here for a Comic Pants review.
Recommended Graphic Novels
A list for teachers and librarians.